Date:      Wed, 26 Mar 2003 14:46:47 -0800
From:      Paul Saab <ps@mu.org>
To:        "Cagle, John (ISS-Houston)" <john.cagle@hp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how many cpus can freebsd support in smp?

jhb         2003/03/21 13:46:15 PST

  FreeBSD src repository

  Modified files:        (Branch: RELENG_4)
    sys/i386/include     apic.h
  Log:
  MFC: rev 1.20: expand the APIC_ID_MASK to cover all 8 upper bits.  This
  fixes SMP on the SW7500CW2 motherboards.

You'll still need to increase NAPICID on the 8-way machine w/
hyperthreading.  It would be interesting to know if the machine boots
or if there's some other define that needs to be increased..