Date:      Thu, 2 Jul 1998 12:57:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Allan Bowhill <bc587@scn.org>
To:        Jeremy Shaffner <jer@jorsm.com>
Cc:        Thomas Dean <tomdean@ix.netcom.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2.6 boot.flp won't negotiate PPP connection

No, it doesn't appear to.

I assume the 2.2.6 boot.flp is working fine at negotiating PPP
for most other people who use it. I suspect there is some setting
at my ISP (gte.net) that is causing this particular version
of the dialer to fail.

I have tried a lot of combinations of switches, but since I don't
know that much about the mechanics of PPP negotiation, it's pretty
aimless.

The modem I am using is v.90 and works fine with other PPP implementations,
like Debian's or FreeBSD 2.2.5.

Allan Bowhill
bc587@scn.org