Date:      Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:00:57 -0500
From:      Brian Reichert <reichert@numachi.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Does tcpdump2xplot work?

This may be pilot error, but for the life of me, I can't get
tcpdump2xplot to work as advertised.

Every lick of documentation I can find say to first create a netdump
libpcap file of TCP packets as such:

  tcpdump -tt -S -w tcpdump.out tcp

Then, near as I can tell, I should be able to use

  tcpdump2xplot -plot tcpdump.out

or

  tcpdump2xplot < tcpdump.out

But in either case, each packet is rejected with the message
'Malformed entry in dump file tcpdump.out'.

Can someone clue me in?  Yes, tcpdump2xplot is just perl code, but
this tools seems like it's been around for a while...

--
Brian Reichert				<reichert@numachi.com>
55 Crystal Ave. #286			Daytime number: (603) 434-6842