Date:      Thu, 26 Aug 1999 23:20:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill <ankzt@maine.60north.net>
To:        notme <notme@lvdi.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: samba & plain text password

 after you do ./configure for samba build go into the source/Makefile &
cut the -lpam flag out, its at the top of the Makefile under LIBS=. Now cd
into source/include & grep pam * , if i remmember correctly theres 2
entries in config.h, wrap c style comments `/* */` around any definitions
to pam. cd ../../ make;make install. Thats what Ive been doing to get
samba to work since 1.9.18. Let me know if that works for ya.