Date:      Thu, 25 Mar 1999 23:44:31 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Rob Hunter <hunterr@iafrica.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   interrupt-level buffer overflows

Hi

I'm getting these messages more and more:

/kernel: sio1: 39 more interrupt-level buffer overflows (total 39)

I searched the archives, and found quite a few similar problems. At first
I thought it might have something to do with sio1 itself, as all the
previously reported problems were when people were either transferring
large amounts of data across a ppp link with a modem, or were problems
with a mouse.

Admittedly, most of mine have been experienced when doing (not very) large
ftp's. But I also get these errors during other times, when the modem is
pretty inactive, but while transferring files from 1 drive to another.

I'm running 3.1-RELEASE on a Pentium 166mmx, with 64mb of ram and 2 3.1
gig IDE drives.

My dmesg shows the following:

sio1 at 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3 on isa
sio1: type 16550A

I have a USR Courier V.everything connected to com 2 across an analogue
leased line (only connecting at 26,600)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

--Rob