Date:      Tue, 07 Jan 2003 01:04:44 +0000
From:      "Adrian NoSpm!" <adrian_nospm@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   upgrading Frontpage - CGI problem (msg=FrontPage security violation)

Hi,

I've seen this posted a few times but can't find
a solution.  I've built a new apache server with
Frontpage extensions 2002 and copies some hosts
across from frontpage 98 (and much older apache).

When I try and use some of the CGI functions on
the pages, I get this in my httpd-error.log:

[2003-01-07 10:50:05]: cannot stat: /www/45.testsite/.htaccess

The form in the browser returns:

status=1
osstatus=0
msg=FrontPage security violation.
osmsg=(not displayed for security reasons)

I've tried creating a .htaccess file and allowing all,
but then the browser just pops up a login dialog.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
Thanks,
Adrian.