Date:      Sat, 23 Jan 1999 23:55:09 +0100 (CET)
From:      Leif Neland <root@swimsuit.internet.dk>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   kernel 4, userland 3 = trouble?

I build a current-4 kernel on gina and installed it on arnold.
Then I added 32MB ram.
nfs'mounted gina's /usr/src and /usr/obj on arnold, and tried an
installworld. But I got random reboots, I guess it was signal 11,
segmentation fault.

Could it be because I had a current-4 kernel, but a stable-3 userland?
Or is it just bad ram?

I downgraded /usr/src to stable-3, and made another kernel for arnold.
I also removed the 32MB, leaving another 32 MB.

Now I could do a complete installworld without errors.

Which is the likely cause of the errors? bad ram or kernel and userland
out of sync the wrong way?

Leif