Date:      Sun, 29 Sep 2002 16:09:04 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Chip Wiegand <chip@wiegand.org>
Cc:        Questions FreeBSD <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: is it possible to move print jobs?

On 29 Sep 2002, Chip Wiegand wrote:

> I have a printer connected to my fbsd box, and another connected to a
> winblows box. the fbsd printer has crapped out on me and has 9 print
> jobs waiting in the queue. is it possible to move those jobs from
> printer queue lp to printer queue eps?

Dunno if there's an automatic way to do it, but you can certainly do it
by hand.  The print files are stored in the spool directory you've
specified in /etc/printcap.  Data files start with dfA.

So cd into your spool directory, and use lpr to print the files to the
new queue:

cd /var/spool/output/lpd/lp
lpr -Peps dfA*