Date:      Mon, 22 Aug 2011 08:38:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Randy Schultz <schulra@earlham.edu>
To:        Rocky Borg <rrborg-list@thelebowski.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ezjail & freebsd-update

On Sun, 21 Aug 2011, Rocky Borg spaketh thusly:

-}I had an opportunity to upgrade a server from freebsd 8.1 to 8.2 since it had
-}to be restarted any way. I upgraded it with freebsd-update and compiled a
-}custom kernel with no problem. However I haven't been able to find a procedure
-}for updating jails when they've been setup with ezjail. I did 'ezjail-admin
-}update -u' however it doesn't seem like that upgraded things like the /etc/
-}dir inside jails. I'm not too worried since everything is working however if
-}anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. I figure
-}this will be especially important when moving to 9.0 when it's released.

My understanding of ezjail is you just say "ezjail-admin update".  Ezjail then
grabs the sources and rebuilds everything.  If you already have everything
built locally, e.g. you csup'd the sources, did the make buildworld, etc., you
can then just issue an "ezjail-admin update -i".  I'm not familiar with the "-u"
option to ezjail and my man pages do not show it as an option.  ;>

--
 Randy    (schulra@earlham.edu)      765.983.1283         <*>

nosce te ipsum