Date:      Thu, 28 Aug 2003 20:31:34 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>
To:        chowse@charter.net (Charles Howse)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Scroll back in console

> > > Familiarity breeds contempt, I guess.
> >
> > I realize this is supposed to be a heretical, insulting suggestion,
> > but you could always try reading the manual.  syscons(4) describes
> > it quite clearly, in a section titled "back scrolling."
>
> I take *SERIOUS* exception to the terms "heretical, insulting
> suggestion".
> I am neither a heretic, nor do I insult anyone, especially someone I
> don't know.

I think he meant to be calling himself heretical and possibly insulting,
not you - by suggesting that the manual be cracked open.  It is kind
of against princip[als|les|els] for many of us and could be considered
a heresy, meaning a practice or belief that goes against acccepted normal
interpretations or expectations.

////jerry