Date:      Thu, 10 May 2001 00:49:09 +0100
From:      "Mark Hughes" <mark@dvdnews.co.uk>
To:        <auto228677@hushmail.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Fw: Panic on install - page fault syncing discs - 4.1-release

> >4.1-release worked fine with my older QDI Legend V motherboard (until
> >it exploded, that
> >was nothing to do with FreeBSD though).
> >
> >Is there any way of substituting the ata driver for a different version,
> > without
> >downloading the complete CD ISO again? Would I be able to download the
> >install floppies
>
> This is something I'm wanting to know :-) Still waiting for someone to explain
> to me how to do this...

I think I'm just going to give it a try, and see what happens. In the installer program
there is an option to allow you to install a different version of the OS from that the
boot floppies are created from. Think i'm going to try it now. Will post later if I have
any luck.

> I suspect if I can somehow use the wd driver to install... then use the
> ata driver
> after the installation... things will work...

yeah......or possibly maybe compile a kernel using the wd driver rather than the ATA one,
if that's possible....not sure if it will work or not, but hey, I've got no better ideas.

Regards,
Mark