Date:      Wed, 27 Jul 2005 02:00:54 +0200
From:      Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ProPolice symbols in libc or libssp ?

On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 01:26:45AM +0200, Jeremie Le Hen wrote:
> Being full of enthusiasm, I checked if by chance libraries could have
> dynamic object dependencies.  It appears this is not the case, but
> since I'm neither a GCC nor binutils hacker, maybe there is a way to
> achieve this.  This is the purpose of this email ?

What you have been smoking? Dynamic libraries surely can depend on other
objects :-) Just link libc with -lssp, given that libssp should be
self-contained or any other library you want to have propolice in
against ssp. Static libraries are not an issue either, since you can
simply add the object file. If you look around, you might even find some
programs which allow you to add the dependency into an existing library,
which would be perfect for libc.

Joerg