Date:      Fri, 12 Jun 1998 07:57:18 +1000
From:      Robert Chalmers <robert@chalmers.com.au>
To:        malte@webmore.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: warning in kernel-compile with 2.2.6 (sound-stuff)

Hi,
the prototype is referring to a C language prototype for adintr. It's a
harmless warning. Ignore it.

cheers
bc

Malte Lance wrote:

> Noticed this warning while compiling a 2.2.6-kernel:
>
> cc -c -O2 -pipe -Wreturn-type -Wcomment -Wredundant-decls -Wimplicit
> -Wnested-externs -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes  -Wpointer-arith
> -nostdinc -I- -I. -I../.. -I../../../include -DISPPP -DMD5 -DCOMPAT_43 -DMSDOSFS
> -DNFS -DFFS -DINET -DKERNEL
> ./../i386/isa/sound/soundcard.c
> ./../i386/isa/sound/soundcard.c:104: warning: no previous prototype for
> `adintr'
>
> My kernel-config-file includes the following sound-stuff:
>
> controller      snd0
> device          sb0     at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 vector sbintr
> device          sbxvi0  at isa? drq 6
> device          sbmidi0 at isa? port 0x300
> device          opl0    at isa? port 0x388
>
> Anyone an idea about the warning ???
>
> Malte.

  Support Whirled Peas.       Business in China?    China House
  robert@chalmers.com.au      ph:61 7 49440357 fx:61 7 49578425
   China House Uses Webposition to ensure Top Spot in Searches
   http://www.chalmers.com.au/ChinaHouse/Business/webposition