Date:      Sat, 14 Aug 2010 22:05:48 +0400
From:      Mikhail <hidden.node@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Open Mail Relay

On 14.08.2010 17:29, peter@vfemail.net wrote:
> I've reviewed my mail logs for the past couple of days and I can't
> find any entries for any mail addressed to the complainer's domain
> name except mail that should have been sent.

You can try it yourself, with telnet and proper smtp commands. For
example, telnet from outside of your organization to your mail server
and issue:

ehlo mydomain.com
mail from: foobar@example.com
rcpt to: foobar@example.org
data
test mail
.

You actually have to get error message about relay denied for you. If
you don't - you're in trouble.
If you do recieve such message - you relay is closed and probably you
have spam worms who send emails from legit user, or something like that.

Be well.