Date:      Wed, 21 Oct 1998 16:13:03 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        wghicks@bellsouth.net, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gdb-4.17.tar.gz distfile corrupted?

> * Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 07:21:00 -0400
> * From: W Gerald Hicks <wghicks@bellsouth.net>
> *
> * I notice there is a 7Meg version of the subject on ftp.freebsd.org which
> * doesn't match the official distribution at prep.ai.mit.edu.
> *
> * Cheers,
> *
> * Jerry Hicks
> * wghicks@bellsouth.net
>
>The file looks correct to me.  David, could this be caused by the new
>ftpd?

   If it was downloaded during one of the short periods that I had it running,
then yes, it definately could have been caused by that. I had to disabled it
due to various bugs, and file corruption, although occuring rarely, was one
of them.
   Try downloading it again...the copy on the machine should be okay.

-DG

David Greenman