Date:      Thu, 09 Mar 2000 14:31:51 -0700
From:      Chris Fedde <chris@fedde.littleton.co.us>
To:        Kaoutar El Maghraoui <961TA56794@stud.alakhawayn.ma>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tcpdump

Kaoutar El Maghraoui writes:
 +---------------
 | Hello everybody,
 | I want to use tcpdumb usder FreeBSd, however it gave me an error saying
 +---------------
		 ^^^^^^^  he he... :-)
 +---------------
 | that I don't have  the file bpf1. does anybody know how to fix this
 | problem.
 | Thanks in advance
 +---------------

You'll need to re-compile your kernel so that it has the BPF psuedo-devices.
Add the lines from the LINT config file to your custom config file:

    # The `bpfilter' pseudo-device enables the Berkeley Packet Filter.
    # Be aware of the administrative consequences of enabling this!
    # The number of devices determines the maximum number of
    # simultaneous BPF clients programs runnable.
    pseudo-device   bpfilter 4      #Berkeley packet filter

Good Luck
chris
__
Chris Fedde	  <chris@fedde.littleton.co.us>