Date:      Sat, 13 Feb 1999 20:10:04 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        randy@psg.com (Randy Bush)
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: good or bad idea ? (vat-related...)

> > It's a dirty hack, ok. I think is useful, though, because many times
> > (e.g.  during a lecture) what you really need are audio and slides,
> > not really a video of a dancing speaker. So, any objections to
> > having this in our vat port ?
>
> as one may vat in an environment where this might be felt to be unsafe, how
> about a runtime option to disable?

of course... now the question is: let it be on by default, as it
happens on the rvplayer 5.0 ? (from the "View->Preferences->General"
menu:

    Synchronized Multimedia

    Some RealPlayer clips contain synchronized multimedia events
    that trigger new pages in your web browsers. This setting
    controls whether the RealPlayer activates these events

	cheers
	luigi