Date:      Wed, 13 Apr 2005 10:52:10 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: RFC: cleanup of linux ports

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005, Alexander Leidinger wrote:

> "rh-7" isn't allowed as per the documentation of USE_LINUX.

The point that I am trying to make is that assuming that everyone will
always use only allowed values (e.g. not make a typo) introduces an
unneeded fragility.  This is assuming they even read the documentation
at all, or that if they do, they don't miss this.

After being shot in the foot with this kind of bullet thousands of
times over the years, I am quite sensitive to it :-)

mcl