Date:      Fri, 27 Nov 1998 20:36:19 -0500
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        "Paolo Di Francesco" <paipai@tin.it>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Ultra] Compiler, again

"Paolo Di Francesco" wrote in message ID
<19981126012503.TTRF23855.fep04-svc@winworkstation>:
> Well, onestly I don't know.... Can someone contact a member of the freeBSD
> core team?

Some members of the core team read this list :)

While I can't speak authoratitively for the entire core team, I'm 99% certain
that they would not like using gmake for the u-sparc port. While doing so for
initial porting isn't objectionable, bringing the code tree back to the
FreeBSD project with all the bmake files as gmake files would present ...
problems :)

So My P.O.V. (Point Of View) is that if you just use gmake for bootstrapping,
then fine, but expect to convert that all to bmake for `production'. Also
don't expect the bootstrapping code to go into the main CVS tree. I think the
development should be done through some other means and then imported onto
freefall when ready for a wider audience (like the alpha stuff).

Gary