Date:      Wed, 11 Aug 1999 23:11:28 -0400
From:      Patrick Seal <patseal@hyperhost.net>
To:        Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Wheelie mouse + PS/2 mouse possible?

On Wed, Aug 11, 1999 at 07:58:56PM -0700i, Doug wrote:
> 	I have a PS/2 wheelie mouse (a logitech model M-C48 to be precise) and
> following the instructions in the moused man page I set this in
> rc.conf.local:
>
> moused_enable="YES"
> moused_port="/dev/psm0"
> moused_type="intellimouse"

moused_type="auto" or
moused_type="ps/2"

there you go. all better.

man moused:

For the serial mouse:
        ^^^^^^
Intellimouse     Microsoft IntelliMouse protocol.  Genius Net-
                 Mouse, ASCII Mie Mouse, Logitech MouseMan+ and
                 FirstMouse+ use this protocol too.  Other mice
                 with a roller/wheel may be compatible with this
                 protocol.
For the PS/2 mouse:
ps/2             This is the only protocol type available for the
                 PS/2 mouse and should be specified for any PS/2
                 mice, regardless of the brand.

> 	When I boot (or try to start moused by hand with the same settings) I get:
>
> moused: mouse type mismatch (ps/2 != intellimouse), ps/2 is assumed
>
> 	I don't see any other combinations in the man page that look like they
> will do what I want, so any suggestions would be welcome.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Doug
---end quoted text---