Date:      Thu, 13 May 2010 09:44:29 +0300
From:      Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr@gmail.com>
To:        Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-fs <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: bin/144214: zfsboot fails on gang block after upgrade to zfs v14

2010/5/13 Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>:
> This is what I am confused about.
> What do you mean by the same 'boot code'?
> I originally asked if you have the *latest* bootcode installed, but you s=
eem to
> be giving contradicting answers...
>
> You detailed your magic workaround of re-writing data, but you haven't me=
ntioned
> how you updated your boot code.
> Could you please report the actual commands that you use to update the bo=
ot
> blocks? =C2=A0Just so we are sure that the problem is indeed present in t=
he latest code.

1. I have updated bootcode just in month or so before the failure.

dd if=3D/boot/zfsboot of=3D/dev/slice count=3D1 bs=3D512
dd if=3D/boot/zfsboot of=3D/dev/slice skip=3D1 seek=3D1024 bs=3D512

Yes, this means revision 206815 was not there.

2. After the computer fails this time I haven't touched bootcode.

I see your point and I'll try to retest on recent STABLE. This changes
nothing though.
http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base/stable/8/sys/boot/zfs/zfs.c?r1=3D199634&=
r2=3D206815&pathrev=3D206815

I'll try to retest writing on recent STABLE on i386. Maybe not the
bootcode is culprit here.

--=20
Sphinx of black quartz judge my vow.