Date:      Wed, 10 May 2000 19:46:20 +0200
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <jruigrok@via-net-works.nl>
To:        jkoshy@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.ORG>, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Including images in the documentation

-On [20000510 11:45], jkoshy@FreeBSD.ORG (jkoshy@FreeBSD.ORG) wrote:

>> vector images.  Instead of storing EPS files in the repository we would
>> store the dia files, and generate the EPS from them at build time.
>
>I have two objections to `dia':
>
>  Size: `dia' requires GTK which in turn pulls in other dependencies;
>  ImageMagick is also big.

The only dependencies Dia requires are: gdk-pixbuf, gtk/glib and the
various graphics libraries.

Dia is still wildly instable and I am debugging it [CVS version] to get
it more stable every day.  Consider me a FreeBSD liaison on that
project. =)

>  I18N: How localized is `dia'?  Will it serve the needs of the -doc
>  translation teams?

It is localised, but of course, people are always welcome to verify for
themselves and notify me of the localisation issues.  I am Dutch, I
don't particulary care for I18N for a various number of reasons.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven          Network- and systemadministrator
<jruigrok@via-net-works.nl>            VIA Net.Works The Netherlands