Date:      Wed, 23 Jun 1999 19:29:03 GMT
From:      Mike Del <repenting@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   I need help locating my USB and IR devices in my notebook computer.

------=_NextPart_000_273e5cfa_416d76d4$41697a0a

Information for my Toshiba Satellite 315CDS notebook computer...

(So where the hell are my USB and IR devices located?)
I think that the USB device might be on pci0:17:0 , and my IR device
might be on pci0:11:0. I am not sure of this. I really need someone
to confirm where they are located because I would like to start
a FreeBSD IR project.

Information is attached as sysinfo.txt

Thanks,
Mike

------=_NextPart_000_273e5cfa_416d76d4$41697a0a

Information for my Toshiba Satellite 315CDS notebook computer...

(So where the hell are my USB and IR devices located?)
Information I felt was of importance, from 'dmesg':
Probing for devices on PCI bus 0:
chip0 <TOSHIBA 0601 host to PCI bridge> rev 44 class 60000 on pci0:0:0

vga0 <VGA-compatible display device> rev 198 class 30000 on pci0:4:0
(so we have my Chips & Tech. 65555 PCI, hardware version 198)

pci0:11:    vendor=0x1033, device=0x0035, class=serial, subclass=0x03 int a irq
            11 [no driver assigned]
pci0:17:    Toshiba, device=0x0701, class=comms, subclass=0x80 int a irq 11
            [no driver assigned]

sio0 at 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 on isa
sio0: type 16550A
 (this is my com port 1)
sio1: configured irq 3 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio1 not found at 0x2f8

pcic0 at 0x3e0-0x3e1 irq 11 on isa
(this is my Toshiba ToPIC97 Cardbus controller... 'on isa' isn't this part
 of my pcibus?  *see section #4)
PC-Card ctlr(0) Intel 82365A/B (5 mem & 2 I/O windows)
pcic0: slot 0 controller I/O address 0x3e0
pcic0: slot 1 controller I/O address 0x3e0

from 'pciconf -l':
pci0:0:0:       class=0x060000 card=0x00011179 chip=0x06011179 rev=0x2c hdr=0x00
pci0:4:0:       class=0x030000 card=0x00011179 chip=0x00e5102c rev=0xc6 hdr=0x00
pci0:11:0:      class=0x0c0310 card=0x00011179 chip=0x00351033 rev=0x02 hdr=0x00
pci0:17:0:      class=0x078000 card=0x00011179 chip=0x07011179 rev=0x21 hdr=0x00
from 'pciconf -a':
pci0:0:0: attached
pci0:0:0: attached
pci0:11:0: not attached
pci0:17:0: not attached
from some crappy web page about linux on the 315CDS. I think the person
said that the information was from windows (whatever the thing is that shows
you devices).
________
PCMCIA /
------+
PCMCIA I/O Address:
03E0-03E1

_______________
PCI Subsystem /
-------------+
Section     IRQ      I/O Range
-------------------------------------
PCI         11       FFE0-FFFF
USB         11       FCFFF000-FCFFFFF
PCMCIA               D0000-D0FFF

from a DOS tool called 'CTPCI' that reports infomation about the pcibus:

Bus  Nr. 00h
00 0 Vendor = Toshiba America Info Systems                       No PCI-INT
     Device = Pentium Host Bridge for notebooks,                 Rev = 2Ch

04 0 Vendor = Chips & Technologies                               NO PCI-INT
     Device = C&T 65555 GUI Accelerator,                         Rev = C6h

0B 0 Vendor = NEC Corporation/NEC electronics Hong Kong Ltd.     INT A = IRQ 11
     Device = USB-Bridge                                         Rev = 02h

11 0 Vendor = Toshiba America Info Systems                       No PCI-INT
     Device = 0701h -- New device ID,                            Rev = 21h
from a DOS tool called dr.hardware:

Informations about PCI Functional Units
=======================================
Version : 02.10        CMOS Accesstype : 1    Cycle Type:     PCI Busses: 22
Dev. Fct. Unit Sub and Base        Class RevCode Vendor Name
   0h  0h   601 Host Bridge         2Ch 1179 ???
   4h  0h    E5 VGA Video Adapter   C6h 102C CHIPS AND TECHNOLOGIES
   Bh  0h    35 unknown (Code 0Ch)   2h 1033 NEC CORP.
  11h  0h   701 unknown (Code 07h)  21h 1179 ???

PCI-Device Details
==================
-- Product Description -----------------------------------------------------
| Produkt name       : Toshiba AIS P5-Host Bridge f.Notebooks              |
| Device class /ID's : Host Bridge  [1179h/ 601h/2Ch]                      |
| Vendor             : ???                                                 |
| Sub Vendor(Name/ID): not defined (0001)                                  |
-- Setup -------------------------------------------- supports -------------
| PCI-/ISA IRQ       : none / -                   | 66 MHZ    : no         |
| Adress space       : I/O:no   Memory:yes        | self test : no         |
| Latency            : 0 Clocks (allowed: 0 - 0)  | UDF       : no         |
| Cache Line Size    : 256 Bytes                  | Fast Back-to-Back: yes |
|                                                 | Power Management : no  |
| Bus Master         : active                      -- actual status --------
| Fast Back-to-Back  : no                         | Parity Error  : no     |
| Wait Cycles        : no                         | System Error  : no     |
| Special Cycles     : no                         | Master Abort  : yes    |
| Parity Error       : don't observe              | Target Abort M: no     |
| VGA Palette Snoop  : no                         | Target Abort T: no     |
| SERR Signal        : no                         | Devsel Timing : medium |
| Write Access with Invalidation : no             | Data Parity Error: no  |

PCI-Device Details
==================
-- Product Description -----------------------------------------------------
| Produkt name       : ???                                                 |
| Device class /ID's : VGA Video Adapter  [102Ch/  E5h/C6h]                |
| Vendor             : CHIPS AND TECHNOLOGIES                              |
| Sub Vendor(Name/ID): not defined (0001)                                  |
-- Setup -------------------------------------------- supports -------------
| PCI-/ISA IRQ       : none / -                   | 66 MHZ    : no         |
| Adress space       : I/O:yes   Memory:yes       | self test : no         |
| Latency            : 0 Clocks (allowed: 0 - 0)  | UDF       : no         |
| Cache Line Size    : 0 Bytes                    | Fast Back-to-Back: yes |
|                                                 | Power Management : no  |
| Bus Master         : inactive                    -- actual status --------
| Fast Back-to-Back  : no                         | Parity Error  : no     |
| Wait Cycles        : yes                        | System Error  : no     |
| Special Cycles     : no                         | Master Abort  : no     |
| Parity Error       : don't observe              | Target Abort M: no     |
| VGA Palette Snoop  : no                         | Target Abort T: no     |
| SERR Signal        : no                         | Devsel Timing : medium |
| Write Access with Invalidation : no             | Data Parity Error: no  |

PCI-Device Details
==================
-- Product Description -----------------------------------------------------
| Produkt name       : ???                                                 |
| Device class /ID's : unknown (Code 0Ch)  [1033h/  35h/ 2h]               |
| Vendor             : NEC CORP.                                           |
| Sub Vendor(Name/ID): not defined (0001)                                  |
-- Setup -------------------------------------------- supports -------------
| PCI-/ISA IRQ       : INTA / 11                  | 66 MHZ    : no         |
| Adress space       : I/O:no   Memory:yes        | self test : no         |
| Latency            : 64 Clocks (allowed: 1 - 21)| UDF       : no         |
| Cache Line Size    : 0 Bytes                    | Fast Back-to-Back: no  |
|                                                 | Power Management : no  |
| Bus Master         : active                      -- actual status --------
| Fast Back-to-Back  : no                         | Parity Error  : no     |
| Wait Cycles        : no                         | System Error  : no     |
| Special Cycles     : no                         | Master Abort  : no     |
| Parity Error       : don't observe              | Target Abort M: no     |
| VGA Palette Snoop  : no                         | Target Abort T: no     |
| SERR Signal        : no                         | Devsel Timing : medium |
| Write Access with Invalidation : no             | Data Parity Error: no  |

PCI-Device Details
==================
-- Product Description -----------------------------------------------------
| Produkt name       : ???                                                 |
| Device class /ID's : unknown (Code 07h)  [1179h/ 701h/21h]               |
| Vendor             : ???                                                 |
| Sub Vendor(Name/ID): not defined (0001)                                  |
-- Setup -------------------------------------------- supports -------------
| PCI-/ISA IRQ       : INTA / 11                  | 66 MHZ    : no         |
| Adress space       : I/O:yes   Memory:no        | self test : no         |
| Latency            : 64 Clocks (allowed: 0 - 0) | UDF       : no         |
| Cache Line Size    : 0 Bytes                    | Fast Back-to-Back: no  |
|                                                 | Power Management : no  |
| Bus Master         : active                      -- actual status --------
| Fast Back-to-Back  : no                         | Parity Error  : no     |
| Wait Cycles        : no                         | System Error  : no     |
| Special Cycles     : no                         | Master Abort  : no     |
| Parity Error       : don't observe              | Target Abort M: no     |
| VGA Palette Snoop  : no                         | Target Abort T: no     |
| SERR Signal        : no                         | Devsel Timing : slow   |
| Write Access with Invalidation : no             | Data Parity Error: no  |