Date:      Wed, 30 May 2001 12:31:11 -0400
From:      Randy Pratt <rpratt@ezwv.com>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Illustrated Installation Guide

I finished the first pass of the installation guide in sgml format. Since
this is my first attempt, I'm sure there's still work that needs to be done
(sgml and content).

I've no objections to any adding/cutting/editing to make the documents better
or more general.  I'd like Nik to decide how to best proceed with handling
the committing/revisions.  I'm a little fuzzy on those details.

I've temporarily posted some various ways to view the preliminaries:

sgml source and images tarball:
	http://people.freebsd.org/~rpratt/sgml_src/fbsd_install_src.tar

html docs and images tarball:
	http://people.freebsd.org/~rpratt/sgml_prev/fbsd_install_html.tar

If anyone want to view them online without downloading the tarballs:

sgml source and images:
	http://people.freebsd.org/~rpratt/sgml_src/

html documents:
	http://people.freebsd.org/~rpratt/sgml_prev/

I'm still on a sharp learning curve with this and really appreciate all the
help Murray has given me as well as the encouragement from others.  Its
actually a bit of fun.  Thanks!

Randy