Date:      Fri, 18 Jul 2008 23:25:52 -0500
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "Naram Qashat" <cyberbotx@cyberbotx.com>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: firefox3 port missing firefox-config or firefox3-config

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 12:06:02 -0500, Naram Qashat <cyberbotx@cyberbotx.com>
wrote:

> I was trying to modify the VLC port to enable the Firefox plugin, but
> when I added firefox3 to the list of USE_GECKO and tried to build the
> port, it complained saying it couldn't find firefox3-config.  I checked
> my system, and there is no firefox3-config, but back when I had firefox2
> installed, there was a firefox-config on my system.  I couldn't find
> where in bsd.gecko.mk to add firefox3-config to the plist or where in
> firefox3's Makefile it would need to be added.  Any advice on the matter
> would be helpful.

Because Firefox 3 does not install this file and *.pc (pkg-config files)
anymore. Everytime when I have tried to search for answer and reason why
they changed it. I end up hit the wall. Perhaps, they asked in the wrong
place. Also it's hard to find a good keyword to search in google (Mozilla
is using google search for their website/newsgroups). If you can find it,
I would love to know about it. Everything what jong357 (forum user) knows
are same what I know in our search, but he has pointed that there is
answer in mailing list that I can't find.

http://forums-test.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=3559635

I have told my team about that somehow I think that Mozilla developers
want us to start to use xulrunner for SDK/build stuff rather than on
Firefox, Seamonkey and etc. I think that xulrunner 1.9 does install *.pc
files and probably xulrunner-config too.

--

While I am here, our firefox3 port still need some improvements such as
don't use lib/browser_plugins anymore, because firefox3 can't use firefox2

I am slowing and lacking motivative, because I dislike any Mozilla
products and my box is slow for build/install test. I am being patient to
work with these, so I would love someone (that actually like Mozilla
product and have motivative) to jump in and take over. ;-)

Cheers,
Mezz

--
mezz7@cox.net  -  mezz@FreeBSD.org