Date:      Fri, 07 Mar 2008 13:50:37 +1300
From:      Mark Kirkwood <markir@paradise.net.nz>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Gnome 2.20 upgrade niggles

I wrote:

> 2/ Hang during session startup
>
> I get intermittent hangs during login - usually
> 'bonobo-activation-server' spinning on 99% cpu.. The I *think* this was
> due to 2.20 not liking something in the pre-existing Gnome config for
> the users concerned - as I found destroying all .gcon*, .gnom* .font*
> etc directories and setting up the Gnome configuration again seems to
> have cured it.

I've had this happening on and off since then, even when testing with
completely new user accounts, so the above was not a solution. I'm now
on Gnome 2.20.2.

However, since source upgrading world and kernel from RELENG_6 to
RELENG_7 (note *not* rebuilt ports yet), I have not encountered any
hangs (been about 8 days, usually enough for 1 or 2 them). However it is
still early days... I'll update in a another week or so with whether the
trend continues or not.

regards

Mark