Date:      Thu, 15 Oct 1998 11:27:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Brian Tiemann <btman@ugcs.caltech.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   NFS/showmount -e trouble

	Hi--

	I'm having a weird problem with NFS. I'm linking two FreeBSD
machines together; the server is 2.2.6, the client is 2.2.7. My
/etc/exports is as follows:

/usr/www -maproot=root 131.215.86.106
/home -maproot=root 131.215.86.106

	When I send a HUP to the mountd process, it seems to only read the
*first* entry in the file; I can mount /usr/www but can't mount /home, for
instance, and showmount -e gives the following:

{root:45} showmount -e
Exports list on localhost:
/usr/www                           131.215.86.106

	If I reverse the order of the two lines in /etc/exports, it will
enable /home but not /usr/www.

	I can enable one, mount it, then switch them around and enable the
other, so I can mount both that way, but that seems to destabilize my
system; I've had several system-wide lockups and crashes on the client
machine when doing that.

	Oh, and if I put -alldirs into one of the /etc/exports entries, it
will ignore that one as though I'd commented it out.

	Does anyone have any insight on this? Thanks!

Brian