Date:      Sun, 28 Apr 2013 09:37:34 +0100
From:      Chris Rees <crees@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Scot Hetzel <swhetzel@gmail.com>
Cc:        "pgsql@freebsd.org" <pgsql@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>, Florent Peterschmitt <florent@peterschmitt.fr>
Subject:   Re: poudriere - postgresql90-client, LDAP, requires ldap.h

Please CC maintainers when you're asking about specific ports!
On 28 April 2013 07:05, Scot Hetzel <swhetzel@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 4:32 PM, Florent Peterschmitt <
> florent@peterschmitt.fr> wrote:

>> > You should use the 'poudriere options' command to enable LDAP support =
in
>> > the postgresql server.
>>
>> Yep, I did that. Sorry, I missed to say I already have done this. The
>> problem is that when building the package, the configure step fail
>> saying ldap.h is missing.
>>
>> > Now, when you use poudriere to build the postgresql package, it will
>> > have LDAP client added as a requirement -- so poudriere will also buil=
>> > you an LDAP package -- and when you go to install postgresql, ldap wil=
>> > be installed as well as a dependency.
>> >
>> >       Cheers,
>> >
>> >       Matthew
>> >
>> Yep. But how does work poudriere ? Because I have built postfix and
>> dovecot2 with LDAP support and there was no problem. I think it's a
>> problem from the port itself and not from poudriere, I should try in a
>> new system (perhaps, a jail, without poudriere).
>>

> The problem seems to be caused by the following from
> databases/postgresql91-server/Makefile:
>
> 66     .if !defined(CLIENT_ONLY) && !defined(SLAVE_ONLY)
> 67     SERVER_ONLY=3D yes
> 68     USE_RC_SUBR=3D postgresql
> 69     USE_PGSQL=3D yes
> 70     WANT_PGSQL_VER=3D
> ${DISTVERSION:C/([0-9][0-9]*)\.([0-9][0-9]*).*/\1\2/g}
> 71     USERS=3D ${PG_USER}
> 72     GROUPS=3D ${PG_GROUP}
> 73     SUB_FILES+=3D 502.pgsql
> 74     .endif
>
> 81     .if !defined(SLAVE_ONLY)
> 82     OPTIONS_DEFINE+=3D NLS DTRACE PAM LDAP GSSAPI OPTIMIZED_CFLAGS XML
> TZDATA DEBUG KRB5
> 83     OPTIONS_SINGLE=3D KRB5
> 84     OPTIONS_SINGLE_KRB5=3D MIT_KRB5 HEIMDAL_KRB5
> :
> 112     OPTIONS_DEFAULT=3D NLS XML TZDATA INTDATE SSL
> 113     .endif # !SLAVE_ONLY
>
> 159     . if ${PORT_OPTIONS:MLDAP}
> 160     CONFIGURE_ARGS+=3D--with-ldap
> 161     . if defined (SERVER_ONLY)
> 162     USE_OPENLDAP=3D yes
> 163     . endif
> 164     . endif
>
> NOTE: postgresql90-client/Makefile includes postgresql90-server/Makefile
> which then includes postgresql91-server/Makefile
>
> Unfortunately, you can't set USE_OPENLDAP as a build depends.  Try
> commenting out lines 161 and 163 in the postgresql91-server/Makefile.  Th=
is
> will add OpenLDAP as a LIB_DEPENDS to the postgresql*-client ports.

Actually,

[crees@medusa]~% psql
Shared object "libldap_r-2.4.so.8" not found, required by "libpq.so.5"
[crees@medusa]~%

LDAP is indeed a LIB_DEPENDS.

Palle, Jason, if you don't object I'm going to add || defined
(CLIENT_ONLY) to line 161 above.

Chris