Date:      Mon, 29 May 2000 00:10:49 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Remove games/linuxdoom?

On Sun, 28 May 2000, Will Andrews wrote:

# Hi all,
#
# Now that Id Software has released the source code for Doom, is there
# much point in keeping this port around?  It's currently broken and no
# one is maintaining it.  I say we nuke it.

While I don't play doom, it does seem a shame to have two versions
of this port (which we have the source for).  Unless someone can come
up with a compelling reason why the Linux version works a bazillion
times better (and can't produce diffs to fix FreeBSD's version), then
I second the 'nukage'.

-steve