Date:      Wed, 12 Feb 2003 12:28:14 +0100
From:      Bjarne Wichmann Petersen <kde.nospam@mekanix.dk>
To:        "Daxbert" <daxbert_news@dweebsoft.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Resolving or blocking eg. doubleclick.net?

On Wednesday 12 February 2003 11:17, Daxbert wrote:

> One option... cheat
>
> Make your dns server authoritative
> for doubleclick.net, and have no entries
> (or optionally your own web server as an * entry)
> in the zone file.

So, would that mean I should create an entry in named.conf like:

zone "doubleclick.net" {
	type master;
	file "doubleclick.net";
};

and then don't have a doubleclick.net ... or should I create an empty file?
... or?

> named stores it's cache in memory. You can get a dump
> of the current cache.. don't remember the exact syntax
> but it's in the man page.

Hmm, so every time I reboot I loose my cache? But still, if I visit eg.
<http://www.politiken.dk>; and wait untill it's loaded (ie. finished resolving
doubleclick.net) and then hit reload it ought to go a lot quicker. But it
doesn't, takes just as long. :-/

Bjarne
--
Homepage: http://www.mekanix.dk