Date:      Tue, 19 May 2009 15:53:14 -0400
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@telenix.org>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   making  the cross tools

Referring to the "Mini-install guide" that's on the Arm web page, I've
built/installed the compiler, but when I got to the 2nd set of instructions,
about building the binutils, it gives me this error after doing quite a bit of
building:

make: don't know how to make /usr/cross/usr/lib/libc.a. Stop
*** Error code 2

The DESTDIR is /usr/cross, and the command itself from the guide sets the
TOOLS_PREFIX also to /usr/cross.  Any idea what's going on, that it's refusing
to use my system libc.a?  It's a cross-compiler here, which means it's going to
execute here on my i386 machine, so it really SHOULD use my local libc.a (not
some libc.a for the Arm arch), right?