Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 2003 16:35:44 -0500
From:      "Michael E. Mercer" <mmercer@nc.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   FYI: Full Duplex Sound in JAVA.

All,

PLEASE NOTE: If your soundcard is not full duplex compatible,
this DOES NOT magically give you full duplex.

In case you don't know....

If you would like to open both the TargetDataLine and SourceDataLine
in JAVA at the same time, you need to define -DFULL_DUPLEX when you
compile jdk1.4.1/2.

I think this will do it. I need someone to confirm this because I
just changed the #define in

j2se/src/solaris/native/com/sun/media/sound/engine/HAE_API_BSDOS.c

from "NO_FULL_DUPLEX" to "FULL_DUPLEX" to get this effect.

This define uses the code that sets your soundcard to full duplex.

Hope this is found useful,
Michael E Mercer