Date:      Thu, 20 Aug 1998 10:25:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        Matthew Spiers <matt@pavilion.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ipfw with adress translation and ipltd

If you are running 2.2.x then only one divert rule will work as you
expect..

you need to compile the kernel with IPFW_DIVERT_RESTART

this changes the semantics so that
multiple diverts are possible.

that change in semantics is that after diversion and reinjection,
the packet restarts the firewall AFTER the rule# that caused the
diversion..
the old semantics were that the reinjected packet restarted teh firewall
at the beginning and skips the rule that caused the diversion.
The problem with the old semantic is that you could only remember one
diversion, so if you had 2 diverts you would loop forever between them.

in -current the new semantic is the default.