Date:      Thu, 25 Mar 1999 14:18:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      Keith Woodman <keith@lightningweb.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   kernel file

I am going to be doing a fresh install of 3.1 after much agony trying to
do a source upgrade. I am curious if I can simply take the kernel config
file I have now in 3.0 and use it as my config in 3.1 or if there have
been to many changes in LINT etc to be able to do this.
I am running SMP if that makes a difference at all in the question.
Also, does -stable ever get released onto CD or is that to often updated
to release on CD? I don't want to have to do an upgrade on the system for
a while and am hoping that 3.1-RELEASE is stable enough to not need
updating in the near future. 2.2.5 while we were running it, was a real
work horse for a long time and would hope 3.1 could serve the same.
Thank you.
Keith

	Keith Woodman					Technical Coordinator
	Keith@lightningweb.com				Lightningweb LLC

	      pid 7962 (sniffit), uid 0: exited on signal 10 (core dumped)