Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 2000 04:01:27 -0700
From:      "Jay Krell" <jay.krell@cornell.edu>
To:        "Dirk Myers" <dirkm@teleport.com>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: make install in ports non leaf

You might be right that it has to do with the quantity, but compatibility is
often actually dealt with. All the versions of Tcl and Tk (about four of
each) install to different places. bash1 and bash2 do like mv bash bash.old
before installing a different bash.

I know it's lame, but my sh skills are pressed to write what you provided.
Thanks for the example.

 - Jay