Date:      Tue, 03 Mar 1998 10:05:20 +1030
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
Cc:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>, freebsd-ports@hub.freebsd.org, FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/5894: tkirc wish dependency fix

> wish to print the fact that it is named with a version number, and a list of
> versions that is installed.  Here is a shell script I sent to the lists
> previously:

> to which Satoshi replied:
>
> > This sounds very good.  Can someone write an INSTALL script to install
> > something like this?  (We can't just install it from the Makefile and
> > list it in pkg/PLIST, as that will make it disappear when a particular
> > version of tk is pkg_delete'd....)
Well, perhaps you should add that script to the tk port so that it places it
as /usr/local/bin/wish when it installs..

> I still think this would be the best solution.
Sounds like a good idea to me..

|Daniel O'Connor software and network engineer for Genesis Software |
|http://www.gsoft.com.au                                            |
|The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to|
|choose from. -- Andrew Tanenbaum                                   |