Date:      Thu, 31 May 2018 10:21:11 -0400
From:      "James B. Byrne" <byrnejb@harte-lyne.ca>
To:        "Arthur Chance" <freebsd@qeng-ho.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What have I neglected to do in order to get networking in a jail?

On Thu, May 31, 2018 09:40, Arthur Chance wrote:

> I've just taken another look at your original mail. I think the key
> might be in this
>
>> [root@host:~]# jls
>>    JID  IP Address      Hostname                      Path
>>      1  127.0.31.1      mx31
>> /usr/jails/mx31
>
> Note address ^^^^^

The command jls reports the loopback address for all of the jails I
have defined on other hosts.  For example:

[root@vhost02 ~]# jls
   JID  IP Address      Hostname              Path
     2  127.0.34.1      hlldns04              /usr/jails/hlldns04
     3  127.0.150.1     hllmx150              /usr/jails/hllmx150

[root@vhost02 ~]# ezjail-admin console hlldns04
Last login: Thu May 31 10:14:37 on pts/0
. . .
[root@hlldns04 ~]# pkg upgrade
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
FreeBSD repository is up to date.
All repositories are up to date.
New version of pkg detected; it needs to be installed first.
The following 1 package(s) will be affected (of 0 checked):

Installed packages to be UPGRADED:
	pkg: 1.10.3_1 -> 1.10.5

Number of packages to be upgraded: 1

3 MiB to be downloaded.

Proceed with this action? [y/N]:

This jail has no problem reaching the internet.

James B. Byrne                mailto:ByrneJB@Harte-Lyne.ca
Canada  L8E 3C3