Date:      Tue, 18 Jan 2000 18:18:26 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
To:        Olaf Hoyer <ohoyer@fbwi.fh-wilhelmshaven.de>
Cc:        freebsd-chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: microsoft got it right...

I would have included the whole thread but i deleted it.  In the
archive from yesterday (i found it on the freebsd site with search) is
a message about how MS has a lib function (the article included the
link to the sdk site) that apparently lets them identify your OS,
along with many other details.  I wasn't sure if it was the OS
running, or any installed OS.  I can find the article if you like.

"Doors to the pleasures of heaven or hell, and i didn't care
which...."