Date:      Tue, 11 Jan 2011 15:43:14 +0100 (CET)
From:      Yamagi Burmeister <lists@yamagi.org>
To:        "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bz@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, Lev Serebryakov <lev@serebryakov.spb.ru>, Yamagi Burmeister <lists@yamagi.org>
Subject:   Re: Juniper e3k with ports limitied to 100Mbit and re NICs on MSI MoBo: problems with duplex negotiation (Hetzner host provider discard FreeBSD support due this bug)

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:

>> I've got several Hetzner EQ4 and on all these machines FreeBSD 8.1 runs
>> just fine. I've never seen this strange negotiation problem myself. But
>> maybe I was just lucky and got working mainboard and nic combinations.
>> So if further information is needed, I'm happy to provide it.

> A lot of us do.  There is a problem with the re(4) setup as well in
> that if you do not send packets out yourself the port takes a very
> long time to come up and unblocked.  I haven't discussed that with
> them or tested with an updated HEAD (since end of October).

I never said that this problems doesn't exists. :) Lev Serebryakov said
that everythings works fine in DC11 and DC12, my servers are in DC12. so
I was just lucky...

> But yes, I am running HEAD on an EQ4 as well.  If you have problems
> and a personal email contact at Hetzner feel free to talk to me.
> I am "local" (a couple of 100km away in the same country) and a FreeBSD
> committer and I can probably figure things out with them or properly
> proxy requests.

Sadly no. My only contact to Hetzner is the service e-mail adress and
the phone number for business clients. They are for all customers and
probably can't help with such problems. There are special technical
contacts for each DC, but those are only available for customers with
hardware in that DC and with specific problems. So someone with a server
in DC13 could write a service request in which the problem is explained
and ask for help. Maybe they're willing ton assistent in tracking down
and solving the problem.

Ciao,
Yamagi

--