Date:      Sun, 4 Jun 2000 21:35:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mailing bento'd maintainers

Would anyone object if I sent mail to all of the maintainers listed on
bento asking them to check their ports?

Sample mail is below:

Hi there!

This is just a friendly note to inform you that you're listed as
maintainer of one or more FreeBSD ports which are listed as being broken
or having a build problem. To find out more information, please check the
following address:

http://www.freebsd.org/~fenner/errorlogs/

and search for your email address(es).

These error logs were produced by the FreeBSD package-building cluster,
and some of the problems may in fact already have been fixed, or are not
actual problems. If this is the case I apologise and thank you for taking
the time to check.

The majority of ports on this list are not broken per se (they compile and
install correctly), but have wrong or incomplete pkg/PLIST files which
mean they leave behind extra files when the port is deinstalled. These are
shown in the 'list of extra files and directories' section.

If you would like to submit a fix to your port, please do so via
send-pr(1) - see http://www.freebsd.org/porters-handbook/index.html
for more information.

Thankyou for your time,

Kris