Date:      Sat, 16 May 1998 19:02:05 -0300 (EST)
From:      Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@jonny.eng.br>
To:        stanb@awod.com (Stan Brown)
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is 2.2-STABLE safe to use on a machine with Gus PnP?

#define quoting(Stan Brown)
// >Which driver are you using with your GUS PnP ?  I've been using one
// >with pcm driver in -stable for a long time now.
//
// 	I am using one called gus. Thisnk this is the problem? What do your
// 	config lines for your GUS look like?

That's the problem.  This driver does not support the PnP version.  Or at
least it didn't, I don't know if Amancio has commited his last version
of his drivers.

Anyway, unless you need the midi/synth interface, it's much better
to use the new Luigi's driver.

Simply remove all drivers related to sound cards (including controller snd),
and add the following:

controller      pnp0
device          pcm0 at isa? port 0x220 tty irq 7 drq 1 flags 0x15 vector pcmintr

Off course, the parameters above are for my machine, which has two
sound cards.  The gus will use the device pcm1, since it's a PnP
device.  In this sense, there's no importance in which values
are above.

Hope this helps,

					Jonny

--
Joao Carlos Mendes Luis            M.Sc. Student
jonny@jonny.eng.br                 Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro