Date:      Sun, 15 Feb 1998 19:39:43 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   blkfree: freeing free block

Just got this from last week's 2.2-stable.  I had sudo start seg
faulting, and when I did a "make install" in the sudo port, it
crashed.

---
## gdb -k *.31
GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
 under certain conditions; type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB; type "show warranty" for details.
GDB 4.16 (i386-unknown-freebsd),
Copyright 1996 Free Software Foundation, Inc...(no debugging symbols found)...
IdlePTD 1fd000
current pcb at 1e3b58
panic: blkfree: freeing free block
#0  0xf0111463 in boot ()
(kgdb) bt
#0  0xf0111463 in boot ()
#1  0xf0111722 in panic ()
#2  0xf0194f23 in ffs_blkfree ()
#3  0xf0196ee3 in ffs_truncate ()
#4  0xf019a8c9 in ufs_inactive ()
#5  0xf012ff7f in vrele ()
#6  0xf01acf61 in vnode_pager_dealloc ()
#7  0xf01ac466 in vm_pager_deallocate ()
#8  0xf01a81f0 in vm_object_terminate ()
#9  0xf01a802b in vm_object_deallocate ()
#10 0xf012fec8 in vrele ()
#11 0xf012fe73 in vput ()
#12 0xf019e7bf in ufs_rename ()
#13 0xf0133634 in rename ()
#14 0xf01b8553 in syscall ()
#15 0x4a95 in ?? ()
#16 0x122e in ?? ()
#17 0x107e in ?? ()
---

It died somewhere between the install and chmod, as when the system
came back up, sudo complained that it needs to be setuid root.
Looking at a log from a good installation, it's this line in the sudo
install:

===
./install-sh -c -o 0 -g 0 -m 4111 -s sudo /usr/local/bin/sudo
===

Satoshi