Date:      Wed, 16 Mar 2005 12:54:03 +0100
From:      Gert Cuykens <gert.cuykens@gmail.com>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Are there actual any woman in the freebsd world

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 12:31:50 +0200, Giorgos Keramidas
<keramida@ceid.upatras.gr> wrote:
> On 2005-03-16 00:32, Gert Cuykens <gert.cuykens@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Who of you has ever encountered a woman that doesnt look at you like
> > you are a green alian when you tell her "Sweetie my sql server is down
> > could you please restart the msqld please. Thx love you honypom"
>
> Sure.  There's really no need to ask, as if ``sql servers'' were
> something that women are or should be afraid of.
>
> > ok i will narrow the specification a bit, which of you ever
> > encountered a woman that knows the difference between giving her your
> > phone number or giving her a ip address ?
>
> Yes.  I also dislike questions like these immensely.
>
> You may have not meant it to sound like this, but questions like the
> ones above _are_ sexist; they contain, consciously or not, the
> hypothesis that somehow -- for whatever reason -- IP addresses, SQL
> servers, mail servers, routers and any other IT related topic is easier
> to grasp when you're a man.
>
> That's simply not true.
>
> If you have to ask why, you're missing the point.
>
> - Giorgos

Are you a woman :) That is such a woman answer :P

Its not a question of stupid or smart, its a question about why my
interests are so much different then most woman ?

Brett can you bring your wife in here to colaborate on this :) I like
to ask her why she married you :)