Date:      Fri, 13 Oct 2006 01:22:28 -0500
From:      Stan Barber <sob@academ.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 6.1 and Prism-based wireless cards

I just upgraded my Compaq E500 from 5.4 to 6.1. Everything works fine
except the Prism-based wireless card. It worked fine under 5.4. I
verified the card didn't blow up under XP and Linux. I have even tried a
different card that was working fine in the Linux laptop.

Right now, it looks  like it must be something about FreeBSD 6.1 (I have
all the updates to p10 installed as well).

Here is the error when either Prism-based card gets plugged in:

wi0: timeout in wi_cmd 0x0000: event status 0x8000
:init failed
device_attach: wi0 attach returned 6

By the way, the driver does correctly identify each card from the cis data.