Date:      Thu, 14 Oct 1999 02:21:07 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Thomas Stromberg <tstromberg@rtci.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG, peter@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ipfilter no longer in -CURRENT, whats the direction? (off to ipfw?)

Thomas Stromberg wrote:

> It's a shame that no one seems to want to maintain ipfilter in our tree.
> As far as a 'port building kld', I think this may not be the 'smartest'
> way, seeing as anyone who is running a serious firewall would disable
> kld's immediately anyhow.

Your concerns notwithstanding, a kld is viable. A kld can be loaded
by, well, the loader.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"I always feel generous when I'm in the inner circle of a
conspiracy to subvert the world order and, with a small group of
allies, just defeated an alien invasion. Maybe I should value myself
a little more?"