Date:      Thu, 07 Nov 2002 00:08:54 +0100
From:      Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
To:        darryl@osborne-ind.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mod_php4 install question

Darryl Hoar wrote:
> Greetings,
> I just did a fresh install of 4.7-release and csvup'd to 4.7-stable.
>
> I have done the following:
> 1. cd /usr/ports/databases/mysql323-server
>    make install clean
>
> 2. tested mysql and it was functioning.
>
> 3. cd /usr/ports/www/apache13
>    make install clean
>
> 4. Tested apache and it served up the default page AOK.
>
> 5. cd /usr/ports/www/mod_php4
>    make install clean
>
> it popped up a menu with all kinds of choices on it that I'm not clear of
> their purpose.
> Last time I installed mod_php4 (4.3-release) it didn't do this.

Maybe last time you've set BATCH=yes? By the way, the menu allows you to
specify the php4 modules you want to have built in.

> Any pointers?  A link to a page describing the choices and their impact
> would be great.

Aren't the choices self-explaining? Choosing "pdflib" installs the
support for creating pdf's from a php script. I'd recommend for details
about the several modules to read the php documentation
(http://www.php.net/) - AFAIK there are the functions listed which will
built in by every module (not sure).

Kind regards
Jens

> thanks,
> Darryl

L     i  W     W     W  i                 Jens Rehsack
L        W     W     W
L     i   W   W W   W   i  nnn    gggg    LiWing IT-Services
L     i    W W   W W    i  n  n  g   g
LLLL  i     W     W     i  n  n  g   g    Friesenstraße 2
                                   gggg    06112 Halle
                                  g   g
Tel.:  +49 - 3 45 - 5 17 05 91    ggg     e-Mail: <rehsack@liwing.de>
Fax:   +49 - 3 45 - 5 17 05 92            http://www.liwing.de/