Date:      Fri, 17 Sep 1999 13:01:52 -0500
From:      Steve Kaczkowski <steve@inc.net>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        freebsd-atm@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATM support ... best card, and how good?

The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> Just building our first FreeBSD at work (I've been using it myself for >5
> years now) to start encroaching on the Solaris domain, and have been told
> I require ATM...
>
> I've seen in LINT that we do have ATM support, just wondering how good it
> is (reliable, or still problematic?), what is the best card I can buy (I
> saw the Adaptec XX is supported?), and is it only 4.0-CURRENT, or does 3.x
> support it well as well?

The ATM support since 3.x has been great, using some SMC ATM Power 155s
(Efficient Networks chipset) with the ATM HARP code, no probs. I haven't
had a chance to try out FORE Systems PCA-200 cards, but I'm assuming
they would work just as well..

Good luck!

--
Steve Kaczkowski	Time Warner Telecom/inc.Net
steve@inc.net          	(414)908-9012