Date:      Thu, 25 Oct 2007 15:11:38 -0700
From:      Predrag Punosevac <punosevac@math.arizona.edu>
To:        "N.J. Thomas" <njt@ayvali.org>
Cc:        Eric F Crist <ecrist@secure-computing.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Windows SSH client?

N.J. Thomas wrote:
> * Eric F Crist <ecrist@secure-computing.net> [2007-10-24 14:12:59 -0500]:
>
>> I'm looking for a good, free, SSH client that has line/column numbers
>> at the bottom, similar to SecureCRT.
>>

> I'm curious as to why you need the line/column numbers displayed for
> your terminal in an SSH client? That seems to me a completely unrelated
> function. Most editors (Vi, Emacs, etc.) will give you that info, but
> can you explain why need it as necessary component for an SSH client?
>
> Thomas

I am also confused about your question as a previous sender. Do you have
cygwin installed on your Windows machines?
You can use shell to ssh to a remote location like in Unix. The next
thing that comes to my mind is PUTTY but I am not really sure
if you already dismissed it as inadequate. WinSCP is secure copy client
(sftp) which is in Unix world part of ssh but as I said earlier if you
have cygwin you can pretend that you are in the Unix environment.
OpenSSH is a cygwin package!