Date:      Sat, 07 Feb 2009 22:12:37 +0100
From:      Ragnar Lonn <ragnar@gatorhole.com>
To:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   More open sockets with vimages?

Hi all,

I am a longtime (well, since 2004 or so) vimage user. It's really nice
to see this great stuff getting into the main branch!

I have a quick question for the list: I want to be able to have a
machine handle a *lot* of open network connections. Many systems have
various issues with this, but I thought that if FreeBSD's vimages might
be able to get around the problem. Is it possible to have more open
network sockets using multiple vimages, than it is on a FreeBSD without
vimage? Are sockets still a global resource, or do they get multiplied
with each vimage?

I apologize if this is a stupid question, I haven't been using
FreeBSD+vimages in a while (although I hope to change that soon!)

Cheers,

  /Ragnar