Date:      Sun, 16 Jun 2013 02:51:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6724@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Rebuild all ports for perl minor version update?

--
> R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer

Reading UPDATING again showed that there was a modification in direcctory structure.

Maybe that's the reason for upgrading all ports that depend on perl.

But then why not go further and upgrade to perl 5.18?

So now I do the massive portmaster upgrade and am stopped by silly little things, like a conflict between the old transmission-gtk2 and the newer version, and later gcc can't make clean because of checksum errors.  It didn't know to deinstall the old transmission-gtk2?

So I ran pkg delete transmission-gtk2, knowing it was to be rebuilt to a newer version.

Also, the gcc-4.6.4 upgrade was apparently successful, and no work directory remains for that port.

A long operation can be done while the user is doing other things, like bed, food preparation, eating, outside errands, work on another computer, etc.

Tom